Nikki's Nutrition

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My New Favorite Food


All of my life, I've been misguided when it comes to oatmeal. Yes, you read that last sentence correctly. Oatmeal. I thought it was nasty stuff.

I recently discovered that I actually LOVE oatmeal! Granted, my way is very different than my mom's way of making it... She uses the instant kind and puts milk and sugar into it... My way is far better. I get either whole oats or steel cut oatmeal and cook it the old fashioned way (on the stovetop for 20 minutes) and then I stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter and some raisins. I use both purple raisins and golden raisins.

No need for sweetner! It's so fabulous. I find myself craving it. I know what you're thinking... Nikki's finally lost it... but I can't help it. It's good stuff. You should try it! If you do, let me know what you think!
Cheers!
Nikki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home